Blues Jam Sessions
The Fat Tuesday Blues Jam is made up of a growing community of serious hobbyist musicians and one simple concept: musical camaraderie. Our aim is to make jamming fun again by providing you with everything you need to just focus on playing:
- A state-of-the-art, professional performance spaceGear: guitar and bass amps, drums, a piano and a professional PA system (just bring your instrument*);
- A house band comprised of patient, supportive and experienced professional musicians;
- A regular schedule: jams are held monthly; and
- A supportive environment w/no attitudes or egos allowed - just great players, cool tunes, and a fun place to hang out.
Click here for links to some of the songs we frequently perform at Blues Jam.
This year we have an exciting addition to our Blues Jam sessions - a new house band comprised of professional musicians from the North Shore. Check them out on YouTube performing "What Makes You Think I'd Want Your Man" and "Walkin' After Midnight."
Renee Dupuis – Piano and Vocals
Joe Cardoza – Bass and Vocals
Dennis Monagle – Drums
We're serious about building a community of like-minded players so you can get the most out of our jam sessions. Join our free Fat Tuesday MeetUp page to meet your fellow jammers, pick up practice tips, up-to-date scheduling notifications and more.
For: All levels of musicians (beginner to advanced)
When: Second Tuesday of each month, September-May
2015-2016 Blues Jam dates:
September 8, 2015
October 13, 2015
November 10, 2015
December 8, 2015
January 12, 2016
February 9, 2016
March 8, 2016
April 12, 2016
May 10, 2016
Time: 7 - 9 pm**
Where: Nichols Hall at WCMS. Get directions here.
Price: $10 for participants, free for general audience members
* Please do not bring your own amps or drums. We will politely decline, no exceptions.
** Jammers are encouraged to arrive at 6:45 and meet their fellow jammers.
Also check out the Stormy Monday Blues Ensemble!