Blues Jam Sessions
|"Great as usual. Great jammers, great band. The only thing that would be better is if it were longer and twice a month." - Barney
"Exceeded all of my expectations." - Tony
"This was a blast. I will definitely go again." - Steve
The Fat Tuesday Blues Jam is made up of a growing community of serious hobbyist musicians and one simple concept: musical camaraderie. Our aim is to make jamming fun again by providing you with everything you need to just focus on playing:
- A state-of-the-art, professional performance space
- Gear: guitar and bass amps, drums, a piano and a professional PA system (just bring your instrument*)
- A house band comprised of patient, supportive and experienced professional musicians
- A regular schedule: jams are held monthly
- A supportive environment w/no attitudes or egos allowed - just great players, cool tunes and a fun hang
In addition to the actual monthly jam sessions, we’ve also created opportunities for you to stay active in the weeks between each jam:
The blues faculty @ WCMS have created nearly a dozen blues practice tracks based on the exact tunes covered in each jam session to keep you jamming and learning all month long.
Want to try out a new lick or get a song’s chord changes down before the next jam? Head on over to our WCMS Soundcloud
page to get started. Best of all? They’re free!
We’re serious about building a community of like-minded players so you can get the most out of our jam sessions. Join our free Fat Tuesday MeetUp
page to meet your fellow jammers, pick up practice tips, up-to-date scheduling notifications and more.
Meet the House Band
, Harp & Vocals
Dirk van Gulden, Bass
All levels of musicians (beginner to advanced)
2nd Tuesday of every month, September-May (plus two summer
dates in 2014)
7 - 9 pm**
Nichols Hall at WCMS. Get directions here
$10 for participants, free for general audience members
* Please do not bring your own amps or drums. We will politely decline, no exceptions.
** Jammers are encouraged to arrive at 6:45 and meet their fellow jammers.