Why Support WCMS?
At WCMS our mission is to provide the highest quality music education
to our students
and to the more than 30 communities we serve. Support from individuals, corporations
and foundations plays a a vital role in allowing the School to fulfill its mission
and continue to:
- attract and retain exceptional faculty
- provide tuition assistance
- support innovative programming
- enhance our facility with capital improvements.
General financial support allows us to continue our important role in enriching
our community through the arts—benefiting all ages from toddlers to seniors. Thanks
to individual, corporate and foundation support, WCMS continues to flourish and
expand its outreach, which includes:
- Serving Winchester and 33 local communities
- Enrolling approximately 850 students from ages 18 months to over 90 years old
- Employing a faculty of 60 professional musicians, all teaching artists and performers
- Providing more than 100 free concerts and events annually by faculty and students
to the community
- Offering private and group lessons and classes, bands and ensembles, in a wide variety
of instruments and genres, including classical, rock & modern, and jazz.
- Providing music therapy that uses music and music experiences to address the physical,
emotional, cognitive, and social needs of children, youth , and adults.
Your support of WCMS is essential for the long-term growth of Winchester Community
. Tuition from our students covers only 80% of our yearly operational
expenses and your generosity is critical to the financial health and sustainability
of our programs.
We welcome individuals, families, businesses and foundations to join our partnership
of generous supporters
who allow us to continuously nurture innovative offerings
and fresh, new musical opportunities to reflect the needs of our community.