Blues Jam Sessions
The Fat Tuesday Blues Jam is made up of a growing community of serious hobbyist musicians and one simple concept: musical camaraderie. Our aim is to make jamming fun again by providing you with everything you need to just focus on playing:
- A state-of-the-art, professional performance spaceGear: guitar and bass amps, drums, a piano and a professional PA system (just bring your instrument*);
- A house band comprised of patient, supportive and experienced professional musicians;
- A regular schedule: jams are held monthly; and
- A supportive environment w/no attitudes or egos allowed - just great players, cool tunes, and a fun place to hang out.
Our house band is a group of professional musicians from the North Shore who regularly perform together. Check them out on YouTube performing "What Makes You Think I'd Want Your Man" and "Walkin' After Midnight."
Renee Dupuis – Piano and Vocals
Joe Cardoza – Bass and Vocals
Dennis Monagle – Drums
We're serious about building a community of like-minded players so you can get the most out of our jam sessions. Join our free Fat Tuesday MeetUp page to meet your fellow jammers, pick up practice tips, up-to-date scheduling notifications and more.
For: All levels of musicians (beginner to advanced)
When: Second Tuesday of each month, September-May
2018-2019 Blues Jam dates:
September 11, 2018
October 9, 2018
November 13, 2018
December 11, 2018
January 8, 2019
February 12, 2019
March 12, 2019
April 9, 2019
May 14, 2019
Time: 7 - 9 pm
Where: Nichols Hall at WCMS. Get directions here.
Price: $10 for participants, free for general audience members
* Please do not bring your own amps or drums. We will politely decline, no exceptions.
Also check out the Stormy Monday Blues Ensemble!