WCMS offers two types of Dalcroze Continuting Education programs:
- a yearlong Introduction to Dalcroze and Certification Program approved by the Dalcroze Society of America
- a workshop series (click here) for Dalcroze Eurhythmics
Introduction to Dalcroze (for Adults / Teachers)
with optional Dalcroze Teacher Certification
This continuing education class is for adults who seek the musical and pedagogical enrichment that Dalcroze Eurhythmics offers, and for teachers who would like to supplement their teaching with Dalcroze Eurhythmics techniques. The class may be taken as a full-year program (with optional Dalcroze certification) or on a drop-in basis.
WCMS is the first accredited Dalcroze Teacher-Training (T2) program to be approved by the Dalcroze Society of America (DSA). The Dalcroze Certificate is an internationally recognized qualification for Dalcroze Education and for teaching Dalcroze Eurhythmics courses to children and adult beginners according to the Dalcroze principles. Dalcroze Education has three core branches of study (Eurhythmics, Solfège and Improvisation) along with two applied branches of study (Plastique Animée and Pedagogy). For certification details, see the DSA Certificate T2 Manual from the Dalcroze Society of America, which includes Descriptions of the DSA-Accredited Certification Credentials. Level 1 and Level 2 are offered concurrently at WCMS in the same time slot.
Fall session begins: September 19, 2019
- The program will follow the academic calendar of WCMS for holidays and breaks
- Please see the lesson make-up policy for absences
Tuition per semester:
- $1,176 (14 classes, covering the five branches of Dalcroze Education)
- Drop-in rate: $97.50 per class (please contact our registrar to register for a single class at the drop-in rate)
- This is a two-semester class; students enroll in the fall and are automatically re-enrolled for spring
- Exams will be held at the end of the academic year for optional certification (additional fees required)
|Thursday||9:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Level 1 and Level 2|
* For further registration details and policies, including cancellation of under-enrolled classes, click here.
Dalcroze Workshops (for Adults)
Our Saturday afternoon workshops are ideal for musicians, dancers, actors, music therapists - anyone who would like an introduction to Dalcroze Eurhythmics or to refresh their skills and knowledge. Both beginners and those with previous experience are welcome.
The Dalcroze approach to musical understanding is a powerful and holistic way of knowing music throughout the body. Dalcroze Education is a unique experience in exploring musical concepts through interactive and multidisciplinary methods in a social and creative setting. These workshops will cover the various elements of Dalcroze education: eurhythmics, solfege, and improvisation. Each workshop will vary in content.
Instructor: Adriana Ausch-Simmel
Tuition: $35 per session
Workshop times: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Saturday, March 21, 2020