Demystifying Rhythm (for Adults)
In-person offering. Challenged by rhythm and timing? This four-week mini-course is for musicians who want to work on their rhythm fundamentals. Come explore how rhythm is essential to all music study, regardless of genre!
- Unveil the "mystery " of understanding rhythmic patterns
- Learn how musicians develop their sense of rhythm and timing
- Talk about phrasing through rhythm and "feel" of a variety of different styles and pieces
- Focus on difficult time signatures, compound beats and subdivisions in building a broader rhythm vocabulary
- Perform a rhythm-only composition as a group to demonstrate their new skills
Designed for adults (both instrumentalists and vocalists) with at least two years of experience studying music and a basic understanding of note values and time signatures. No percussion experience is required!
Instructor: Sylvie Zakarian
Tuition: $154 (4-week session)
Registrations accepted online or by telephone at 781-721-2950.
|Thursday||7:00 - 8:00 PM||4 weeks||Begins October 7|