Spring Piano Student Evaluation
For all WCMS piano students! This new offering is a valuable opportunity to gain experience playing in a jury/adjudication setting, within the welcoming and supportive WCMS atmosphere. Receive formal feedback on your playing from professional adjudicator Diane Anderson. Diane is a member of the New England Piano Teachers' Association and the North Shore Piano Teachers' Guild, and brings a wealth of experience to the adjudication process.
Sign up in the front office by May 18; space is limited. Fee: $25.
- 20– and 30-minute slots are available; discuss with your teacher which length is best for you, then visit the front desk to sign up. Time slots will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students will prepare two selections of contrasting style, and technical exercises of their choice. (Scales, chords, arpeggios, etc.). Selections should be performed from memory.
- Teachers will be responsible for filling out a Piano Evaluation form with the student's information and repertoire selections.
- Students will bring the Piano Evaluation form with them to the exam, and present it to the adjudicator. Students will also provide the scores of their pieces for the adjudicator.
- For more information, stop by the front desk.