Russian violinist Olga Kouznetsova has been on the frontier of Boston's music scene for over 15 years and can often be heard in the finest orchestras of the New England area including the Boston Lyric Opera, Boston Classical Orchestra, Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra, Rhode Island Philharmonic, Springfield Symphony, Hartford Symphony, and the Boston Landmarks Orchestra. Olga has been the 1st violinist of the Solaris String Quartet for the last twelve years, and 2nd violinist of the Speakeasy String Quartet, which focuses on the swing and jazz idioms. She also performs at the Colonial, Wang, and Opera House Theaters with national productions such as West Side Story, The Sound of Music, The Light in the Piazza, Kiss Me Kate, Titanic, and many others. Recently, Olga was the Concertmistress of Irving Berlin's I Love a Piano production at the Cutler Majestic Theatre, and for productions of Gypsy and A Christmas Carol at the North Shore Music Theatre.
Ms. Kouznetsova has often performed with celebrities such as Andrea Bocelli (North American Tour), Aretha Franklin, Johnny Mathis, Sarah Brightman, Barry Manilow (Live on ABC, New Year's Eve 2000), Moody Blues, Michael Finestein, Burt Bacharach, Bernadette Peters, Donny Osmond, Smokey Robinson, the Three Irish Tenors, Clay Aiken, Charlotte Church, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Josh Groban, Gene Pitney (Northeast Tour), Dave Brubeck at Tanglewood with the Boston Pops Orchestra, and, most recently, performances with Grammy Award-winning singers Kanye West at Mohegan Sun, Mary J. Blige at the TD Banknorth Garden, and Harry Connick Jr. at the Colonial Theatre in Boston. She is also known as a pop/rock crossover violinist who plays electric violin with bands such as Sub7 and the Undead and Machine 475, a collaborative electronica/world music group that headlined the Marblehead Arts Festival in 2010.
- Holds degrees from the New England Conservatory, the Ippolitov-Ivanov Music School and the Moscow Music School
- Former teachers and coaches include Peter Marsh of the Lenox String Quartet, Arnold Steinhardt of the Guarneri String Quartet, and Masuko Ushioda, a Tchaikowsky Competition Prize winner
- Serves as a judge at the annual Massachusetts Teachers' Association competition (since 2003)
- Faculty member at Phillips Academy Andover
- Guest coach for the Greater Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra (GBYSO)
- Has a private studio at her home in Stoneham, MA