Americana Slow Jam
Join us for an acoustic evening of Americana classics – blues, Bluegrass, and classic hits that twang! This jam session offers a great entry level experience for those who want to learn how to play with each other in a jam setting, as well as being appropriate for more accomplished or advanced players.
Americana Slow Jam is for you if:
- You've always wanted to play with others and want a safe place to start
- You want to learn Americana, Folk, and Bluegrass from experienced and seasoned players
- You're working on the basics of your instrument and want to pick up some pointers, learn some songs and get some help with technique
- You've been playing for a while, but those advanced Jams are just too much
- You're "getting back into it" and want a place to get comfortable again with your instrument
- You have fun playing music and want to get more from your instrument
Songs are projected onto a screen to help you follow along, and host Steve Latanision will be on hand to help with chords and scales. We'll start with 20-30 well known Americana genre tunes to choose from. You can add your own favorite song if you bring a legible lead sheet.
Free admission. Note that this is an all acoustic evening – bring out your guitars, banjos, mandolins, and fiddles.
Host: WCMS faculty member Steve Latanision
Time: 7:00-8:30 pm
Next session: TBD