MusicLAB (Ages 11-18)
MusicLAB is a program for young musicians who are interested in exploring contemporary music. Students work and learn together in a progressive, social musical environment while being coached by Underground faculty members. We give students the freedom, technology, and guidance to follow their creative impulses.
The experience of MusicLAB includes:
- Learning how to create music in modern genres such as Hip Hop, Electronic and Rock
- Connection to, and playing with, other musicians of similar age and interests
- Developing essential music skills such as ear-training, arranging, composition and performance
- Hands-on experience with music production software (Logic, Pro Tools), plug-ins and effects processing pedals for guitar, bass, etc.
- Recording in WCMS's Nichols Hall recording facility
- Studying with experienced teachers/ industry professionals
- Development of musical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
For more information about this program, please contact Underground faculty member Matt Pendergast.
For: Middle & High School students
Requirements: Intermediate to advanced computer and software skills
Level: Intermediate and up
Fall semester begins: September 6, 2018
Tuition: $780 (15 weeks, two-hour sessions)
Registrations accepted online, by telephone at 781-721-2950, or in person.
Class Day & Time:
|Saturday||1:00 - 3:00 pm||Matt Pendergast|