Why Support WCMS?
At WCMS our mission is to provide the highest quality music education to our students and to the more than 40 communities we serve. Support from individuals, corporations, and foundations plays a a vital role in allowing the school to fulfill our mission and continue to:
- attract and retain exceptional faculty;
- provide tuition assistance;
- support innovative programming; and
- enhance our facility with capital improvements.
Thanks to individual, corporate and foundation support, WCMS continues to flourish and expand our outreach, which includes:
- Serving Winchester and 41 local communities;
- Enrolling approximately 850 students from ages 18 months to over 90 years old;
- Employing a faculty of 60+ professional musicians, all teaching artists and performers;
- Providing more than 100 free concerts and events annually by faculty and students to the community;
- Offering private and group lessons and classes, bands and ensembles, in a wide variety of instruments and genres, including classical, rock & modern, and jazz; and
- Providing music therapy that uses music and music experiences to address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of children, youth , and adults.
Your support is essential for the long-term growth of Winchester Community Music School. Tuition from our students covers only 83% of our yearly operational expenses; we cannot sustain our program without generous donors like you. Click here to learn more about the music school's operational and fiscal stewardship through our Giving Common profile.
We invite individuals, families, businesses and foundations to join our partnership of thoughtful supporters who allow us to continuously nurture fresh, new musical opportunities. Thank you!