The Vocal Factor - A Singing Competition!
Preliminary Round: Saturday, April 7, 6:30 pm
(for contestants only)
Competition Round: Saturday, April 28, 7:30 pm
(with live audience)
Tickets are on sale now! Due to the limited number of tickets available, tickets are available ONLY from our front office, in person or by phone (781-721-2950). Two tickets are reserved for the families or guests of each contestant; the remaining tickets are available on a first come, first serve basis. $10 general admission.
WCMS will hold its third annual singing competition this April for enrolled voice students between the ages of 10 and 18! We welcome all singers and genres, from Broadway to Classical to Rock to Jazz. Private voice lesson students and Voice Works students are eligible.
The competition is conducted in two rounds. The preliminary round, on April 7, consists of an a cappella audition in front of three judges. For the competition round on April 28, final contestants will perform with a backing music track in front of a live audience. All finalists will receive an MP3 recording of their performance.
- Senior Division: Ages 13-18 (as of 4/28/2018). First prize = a two-hour professionally engineered recording session at WCMS with a complimentary in-session vocal coaching, plus a $100 cash prize.
- Junior Division: Ages 10-12 (as of 4/28/2018): First prize = a complimentary 45-minute vocal coaching, plus a $25 iTunes gift card.
The final event on April 28 will feature a performance by last year's Senior Division winner, Camille Hodgkins!
Judges will include:
- Doug Hodgkins, Choral Arts Teacher & Musical Theater Director, Town of Lynnfield
- Holly Zagaria, mezzo-soprano, professional vocalist
- Sara Schwindt, Assistant Director of WCMS; professional vocalist & choral conductor
- Matt Pendergast, music producer & WCMS recording engineer