The Vocal Factor - A Singing Competition!
Stay tuned for plans for 2021
The Vocal Factor is an annual singing competition for enrolled voice students between the ages of 10 and 18. We welcome all singers and genres, from Broadway to Classical to Rock to Jazz. Private voice lesson students and Voice Works students are eligible (with teacher recommendation).
The competition is conducted in two rounds. The preliminary round consists of an a cappella audition in front of three judges. For the competition round, contestants perform with a backing music track in front of a live audience. All finalists receive an MP3 recording of their performance. The competition round is professionally recorded by Scott Janovitz.
- Senior Division: Ages 14-18 (or still in high school, as of 5/9/2020)
- Junior Division: Ages 10-13 (as of 5/9/2020)
- 1st Prize, Senior Division = $100 cash and a 90-minute recording session, with an additional 30 minutes of editing/mixing time
- 1st Prize, Junior Division = $50 cash and a 90-minute recording session, with an additional 30 minutes of editing/mixing time
- 2nd Prize, either division = $25 iTunes gift card
- Honorable Mention, either division = $10 iTunes gift card
- Doug Hodgkins, Choral Arts Teacher & Musical Theater Director, Town of Lynnfield
- Sara Schwindt, Assistant Director of WCMS; professional vocalist & choral conductor
- Scott Janovitz, music producer & WCMS recording engineer
- more judges to be announced soon!