Voice and Performance Intensive (Ages 11-18)
2019 Audition Date: April 13, 3:15-4:30 PM; or by audio file submission
Take your singing to the next level! Our summer Voice and Performance Intensive will give young singers an opportunity to hone their craft and develop their own voice and style. Explore contemporary genres and perform music from the varied styles of pop and Broadway while participating in a variety of classes and workshops. Each participant will bring a prepared song to focus on during the intensive, and WCMS faculty will work with them to get it performance-ready. The program will end with a performance for family and friends.
Daily activities include:
- Voice lessons
- Diction and theory
- Group choral singing
- Song writing
- Microphone & stage skills
- Introduction to the recording studio
Dates: Monday through Wednesday, July 29 - 31, 2019
with performance for family and friends on the final day
Times: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM daily
Tuition: $420 plus a $25 materials fee
Participants must be age 11-18 as of June 1, 2019.
A placement audition is required. The audition deadline is June 15. You may audition in one of two ways:
- Sign up online to audition on Saturday, April 13, between 3:15 and 4:30 pm (10-minute intervals)
- Or email an audio file to the program director, Norina Rowen, by the June 15 deadline
- Audio recording should be no more than 5 minutes in length (NO VIDEO can be accepted)
- Audio file can be any format
- In your audition email, please include your name and age
- See additional requirements below
Participants will each choose a song to focus on during the intensive. Their song choice must adhere to the guidelines below, and be performed at the audition.
- Prepare the song you plan to perform during the program
- Your audition can be accompanied or unaccompanied
- When choosing your song, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Lyrics must be clean—no profanity, no racist or overly sexual language, and no drug or alcohol references.
- Your song lyrics must be in their original form; “clean” versions of explicit material will not be allowed.