Voice and Performance Intensive (Ages 11-18)
Take your singing to the next level! Our summer Voice and Performance Intensive will give young singers an opportunity to hone their craft and develop their own voice and style. Explore contemporary genres and perform music from the varied styles of pop and Broadway while participating in a variety of classes and workshops. Each participant will bring a prepared song to focus on during the intensive, and WCMS faculty will work with them to get it performance-ready. The program will end with a performance for family and friends.
Dates: Monday through Wednesday, July 29 - 31, 2019
with performance for family and friends on the final day
Times: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM daily
Program Director: Norina Rowen
Tuition: $420 plus a $25 materials fee
Participants must be age 11-18 as of June 1, 2019.
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|9:00-9:30 AM||Yoga Class||Yoga Class||Yoga Class|
|9:35-9:45 AM||Group Choral||Group Choral||Group Choral|
|9:45 AM||Juice Break||Juice Break||Juice Break|
|10:00-10:55 AM||Songwriting Workshop||Songwriting Workshop||Songwriting Workshop|
|11:00-11:55 AM||Voice Lessons / Theory for Singers Class||Voice Lessons / Theory for Singers Class||Voice Lessons / Theory for Singers Class|
|12:00-12:55 PM||Lunch & Recreation||Lunch & Recreation||Pizza Party & Recreation|
|1:00-1:45 PM||Mic Technique and Stage Skills||Mic Technique and Stage Skills||Mic Technique and Stage Skills|
|1:50-2:50 PM||Master Class||Master Class||Master Class|
|3:15-4:00 PM||Recording Workshop||Recording Workshop||Warm up for Performance|
|4:00 PM||Dismissal||Dismissal||Concert & Live Recording|
Email an audio file to the program director, Norina Rowen, by the audition deadline of June 15:
- Audio recording should be no more than 5 minutes in length (NO VIDEO can be accepted)
- Audio file can be any format
- In your audition email, please include your name and age
- See additional requirements below
Deadline has passed
Participants will each choose a song to focus on during the intensive. Their song choice must adhere to the guidelines below, and be performed at the audition.
- Prepare the song you plan to perform during the program
- Your audition can be accompanied or unaccompanied
- When choosing your song, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Lyrics must be clean—no profanity, no racist or overly sexual language, and no drug or alcohol references.
- Your song lyrics must be in their original form; “clean” versions of explicit material will not be allowed.