Private Lessons (All Ages)
You can develop many life skills through music study. Not only can you learn to play an instrument or sing, but also at the same time, you are developing patience, commitment, perseverance, logical thinking, goal setting, and time management. All of these skills can help increase your confidence and self-esteem.
At WCMS, we work with you to create the most well rounded musical education experience for your interests, goals, and ability level. Private instruction is offered in a wide variety of instruments, including voice, as well as in music theory, composition & song writing, music therapy, and recording technology. We can offer you the opportunity to work with teachers who are accomplished in a variety of musical styles from classical music to jazz to rock, folk, country, pop or the blues. You can also choose to combine your private instruction with an ensemble experience, workshops, music theory, recording classes, and performance opportunities.
Private lesson tuition includes:
- An orientation session for new students to discuss individual goals and teacher selection
- Weekly lessons tailored to meet your needs and ability
- Regular evaluation of your musical development through written progress reports or parent/teacher conferences
- Rehearsals and performances with professional accompanists
- Discount on ensemble participation
- Access to our professional recording studio
- Lessons in acoustically treated studios with quality instruments and musical equipment
- Student Recitals in Nichols Performance Hall
- Performance opportunities in the community
New students can enroll at anytime. If a semester is already underway, tuition will be prorated to reflect the number of weeks that remain. Semi-private lessons are available for some instruments and voice. We also offer private lessons during the summer.
2016-2017 Tuition – 16-week semester
For additional information about the instruments and subjects we teach, and to inquire online about lessons, please visit our private lesson registration page. Our registrar will work with you to find a teacher and time slot that matches your needs.