WCMS offers two types of Dalcroze Continuing Education programs:
- A yearlong certification program approved by the Dalcroze Society of America
- A workshop series (click here) that introduces participants to the fundamentals of Dalcroze Eurhythmics
Dalcroze Certification Teacher Training (for Adults)
This continuing education class is for adults who seek the musical and pedagogical enrichment that Dalcroze Eurhythmics offers, and for teachers who would like to supplement their teaching with Dalcroze Eurhythmics techniques. The class may be taken as a full-year program (with optional Dalcroze certification) or on a drop-in basis.
WCMS is the first accredited Dalcroze Teacher-Training (T2) program to be approved by the Dalcroze Society of America (DSA). The Dalcroze Certificate is an internationally recognized qualification for Dalcroze Education and for teaching Dalcroze Eurhythmics courses to children and adult beginners according to the Dalcroze principles. Dalcroze Education has three core branches of study (Eurhythmics, Solfège and Improvisation) along with two applied branches of study (Plastique Animée and Pedagogy). We will offer Level 1 and Level 2 courses, both in the same time slot, during the academic year.
- Descriptions of the DSA-Accredited Certification Credentials, excerpted from the DSA Certificate T2 Manual
- Full version of the DSA Certificate T2 Manual, from the Dalcroze Society of America
Spring session begins: The week of January 29, 2018
- Includes 13 weekly sessions
- Exams will be held at the end of the academic year for those students who are ready for evaluation (additional fees required)
Schedule of the year:
- The program will follow the academic calendar of WCMS for holidays and breaks
- Please see the lesson make-up policy for absences
Tuition per semester:
- $1,092 (13 classes, 3 hours each that cover the five branches of Dalcroze Education)
- Drop-in rate: $97.50 per class
Note: This is a two-semester class; students enroll in the fall and are automatically re-enrolled for spring. Students who wish to be evaluated for certification must complete the full year course.
If you would like to register for a single class at the drop-in rate, please contact our registrar.
Class Day & Time:
|Thursday||9:30 AM - 12:30 PM||
Eiko Ishizuka, Candidate for the Diplôme Supérieur, Institut Jaques-Dalcroze, Geneva
Adriana Ausch-Simmel, License
Dalcroze Workshops (for Adults)
Our Saturday and Sunday afternoon workshops are ideal for musicians, dancers, actors, music therapists - anyone who would like an introduction to Dalcroze Eurhythmics or to refresh their skills and knowledge. Both beginners and those with previous experience are welcome.
The Dalcroze approach to musical understanding is a powerful and holistic way of knowing music throughout the body. Dalcroze Education is a unique experience in exploring musical concepts through interactive and multidisciplinary methods in a social and creative setting. These workshops will cover the various elements of Dalcroze education: eurhythmics, solfege, and improvisation. Each workshop will vary in content; students may enroll in as many of the workshops as they choose.
Tuition: $90 per session
Workshop Dates & Times:
|December 16, 2017||Saturday||3:00 - 6:00 PM||Register by Dec. 14|
|February 11, 2018||Sunday||3:00 - 6:00 PM||Register by Feb. 9|
|March 25, 2018
||Sunday||3:00 - 6:00 PM||Register by March 23|
|April 14, 2018 cancelled||Saturday||3:00 - 6:00 PM||Register by April 12|
|May 20, 2018||Sunday||3:00 - 6:00 PM||Register by May 18|