Remote Learning Guide: If your lessons with Peter Morelli are being held remotely, please review these set-up recommendations and technology requirements.
I love the feeling of playing music. I love well-conceived, well-crafted music played well, with great tone, rhythm, and phrasing. I love the creating, the energy, and the expression in music.
The study of an instrument can be a fulfilling journey, bringing dedication and discipline to one's inspiration. When I began learning how to play the piano, the music I was listening to inspired a desire to 'learn how to do' what I was hearing. When I listened to improvised music, I wanted to do the same. Music fuels my inspiration.
I'm happy to be teaching a lot of dedicated and talented students, from young beginners to advanced learners. I love teaching because I love music and working with others, and I value the energy that comes from working on music. It's inspiring to see a student's love of music, and how the music can bring out power and excellence in playing.
In addition to teaching piano at WCMS, I also teach at the Perkins School for the Blind in Watertown; at Powers Music School in Belmont; and at my home studio in Malden. I serve as the music director at St. Anne's Church in Billerica, where I perform Baroque, classical, jazz, and worship music on organ and piano.
- BM, Berklee College of Music, Piano - Film Scoring - Magna Cum Laude
- Taubman Technique for Piano study with Yoriko Fieleke
- Jazz improvisation study with the late Charlie Banacos
- Organ technique and choral conducting study with Mark Engelhardt
- Certified teacher of the Suzuki Method for Piano early books
- Coach of students interested in preparing for the ABRSM piano practical & theory exams
- Organist for weddings; some jazz piano trio work; pianist in a Boston-based improvisation band (2000-2014)
- Past teaching work: Phillips Academy, Andover - summer program; and Creative Arts for Kids, Reading