Sunday, May 7, 2023
Join us for Music MAYnia!
Our special theme this year is
When is Music MAYnia?
Music MAYnia is traditionally held the first Sunday in May. This year it is May 7, 1:00–5:00 PM, rain or shine.
What is Music MAYnia?
Music MAYnia is an annual music performathon and community festival. Held on the first Sunday in May, Music MAYnia is free and open to the public and features live music, games & activities, food trucks, and more. Student performers of all ages and abilities perform live continuous music (ranging from classical to rock) on four stages. It's a popular music festival that many community members attend—and look forward to—every year.
Hang loose with us and enjoy this year's Groovy '60s Music MAYnia!
OK, so Music MAYnia sounds like an outta sight event, how do I participate?
- You are the ones who make this event a-MAY-zing every year. Join us—you'll dig it!
- Sign up to perform by Wednesday, April 5. You can sign up online, at the front office, or by filling out a form with your teacher. You can perform solo or in a duo (each participant signs up separately using the link below), or you can perform with your class or ensemble (teachers will coordinate these performances).
- Get your special edition TIE-DYE t-shirt! The day has finally come—we've wanted to do tie-dye for years. What better time than when we're celebrating the 1960s? When you sign up to perform, please tell us the size for your shirt. We have youth and adult sizes. T-shirts will be available for pick up a few days before the event at the front office, or at the check-in tent on the day of MAYnia. Please wear your t-shirt at MAYnia!
- There will be satellite parking options—it's no sweat to ride the Magic Bus!
- Please join us as a volunteer, we promise it will be far out! We rely on dozens of generous people each year who do everything from setting up chairs to decorating tents to welcoming visitors. As a volunteer, you'll be at the center of this fun-filled community event, get free snacks and lunch, and receive a free special edition TIE-DYE t-shirt!
For Family, Friends, and Visitors:
- Lawn Signs: Before the event, show your love of Music MAYnia by placing a lawn sign in your yard! MAYnia is a beloved community tradition and we don't want anyone to miss it. Pick up lawn signs in our front office, or call to request one.
- Magic Bus: Satellite parking is available and strongly encouraged for all participants and attendees. Ride the shuttle bus from the Jenks Center in downtown Winchester. It will run in a continuous loop (5 minute ride) from 12:30 to 6:00 PM. Visitors requiring handicap parking should speak with the police officer at the school entrance.
- Fun & Food: Most of the event is free, but we will have a few ticketed games and activities (always popular) as well as tasty treats from local food trucks.
- Percussion Demos: Join us for percussion demos for kids at 1:30, 2:30, and 3:30 PM in the Living Room.
For Community Partners and Sponsors:
- The success of Music MAYnia is due in large part to the generous support of numerous businesses in our community. If your business would like to support Music MAYnia through a corporate sponsorship or in-kind donation, please contact us for more information or call 781-721-2950.
See what our annual Music MAYnia performathon and festival is all about!
THANK YOU TO OUR 2022 IN-KIND SPONSORS:
The Dowden Family
Stop & Shop
Studio on the Common
Bespoke of Winchester
Block 5 Technologies
Winchester Savings Bank
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Shanahan Group
Carole Kitchen & Bath Design
J J Loftus Plumbing & Heating
PDA Dental Group
Winchester Natural Health Associates