Private Lessons (All Ages)
WCMS offers both in-person and remote private lessons based upon the preference and schedules of individual student families and their teachers. No matter which option you choose, our world-class faculty members will work with you to get the most out of your lessons. Submit an inquiry below to connect with our registrar.
You can develop many life skills through music study. Not only can you learn to play an instrument or to sing, but music instruction can also help you develop patience, commitment, perseverance, logical thinking, goal setting, and time management. All of these skills can increase confidence and self-esteem.
At WCMS, we work with you to create the most well-rounded music education experience for your interests, goals, and ability level. Private instruction is offered in a wide variety of instruments (including voice) as well as in music theory, composition/song writing, music therapy, and recording technology. We offer you the opportunity to work with teachers who are accomplished in a variety of musical styles including classical, jazz, rock, folk, blues, and world music. You can also choose to combine your private instruction with an ensemble experience, workshops, music theory, recording classes, and performance opportunities.
Private lesson tuition includes:
- An orientation session for new students to discuss teacher selection and individual goals
- A disussion with your teacher early in the semester to discuss goals, interests, methodology, expectations, and best practices
- Weekly lessons tailored to meet your needs and ability
- Regular evaluation of your musical development through written progress reports or parent/teacher conferences
- Rehearsals and performances with professional accompanists
- Discount on ensemble participation
- Access to our professional recording studio
- Lessons in acoustically treated studios with quality instruments and musical equipment
- Student recitals in Nichols Performance Hall or outside on our performance patio
- Performance opportunities in the community
New students can enroll at anytime. If a semester is already underway, tuition will be prorated to reflect the number of weeks that remain. Semi-private lessons are available for some instruments and voice. We also offer private lessons during the summer.
Looking for piano lessons for young beginners? Private piano lessons for younger children are in high demand—please submit an inquiry and we will place you as soon as possible. Our Suzuki Piano Program is also a popular option.
2022–2023: Fall or Spring Semester, Private Lessons (16 weeks)*
30 minute lessons: $ 840
45 minute lessons: $1,184
60 minute lessons: $1,528
* Financial Aid is available
* Students may register for private lessons throughout the semester if studio space permits. Tuition will be prorated. Semi-private lessons are also available for some instruments and voice.
If you are a current student family, please click the above link, log in to your account, and then submit an inquiry.
Free Trial Lesson Promotion: New private lesson students are currently eligible for one free 30-minute trial lesson. To sign up for your free lesson, submit a Private Lesson Inquiry below and choose "Free Lesson Promo" in the drop-down menu under "How did you hear about WCMS."
- Only available for new private lesson students.
- Trial lesson may be offered in-person or online, depending upon the preference and availability of students and faculty. If the trial lesson is online, a parent or guardian must be present for students under the age of 18, and the student must have an instrument for the lesson at home (unless the trial lesson is in voice).
Please note: We follow up on lesson inquiries in the order they are received. Although we aim to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours, it may take longer during heavy enrollment periods. A lesson inquiry is not a registration—registration occurs after we work with you to make an appropriate match with one of our talented faculty members. We appreciate your patience and look forward to serving you.