Private Lessons (All Ages)
You can develop many life skills through music study. Not only can you learn to play an instrument or sing, but also at the same time, you are developing patience, commitment, perseverance, logical thinking, goal setting, and time management. All of these skills can help increase your confidence and self-esteem.
At WCMS, we work with you to create the most well rounded musical education experience for your interests, goals, and ability level. Private instruction is offered in a wide variety of instruments, including voice, as well as in music theory, composition & song writing, music therapy, and recording technology. We can offer you the opportunity to work with teachers who are accomplished in a variety of musical styles from classical music to jazz to rock, folk, country, pop or the blues. You can also choose to combine your private instruction with an ensemble experience, workshops, music theory, recording classes, and performance opportunities.
Private lesson tuition includes:
- An orientation session for new students to discuss individual goals and teacher selection
- Weekly lessons tailored to meet your needs and ability
- Regular evaluation of your musical development through written progress reports or parent/teacher conferences
- Rehearsals and performances with professional accompanists
- Discount on ensemble participation
- Access to our professional recording studio
- Lessons in acoustically treated studios with quality instruments and musical equipment
- Student Recitals in Nichols Performance Hall
- Performance opportunities in the community
New students can enroll at anytime. If a semester is already underway, tuition will be prorated to reflect the number of weeks that remain. Semi-private lessons are available for some instruments and voice. We also offer private lessons during the summer.
2017-2018 Tuition – 16-week semester:
*Students may register for private lessons throughout the semester if studio space permits. Tuition will be prorated. Semi-private lessons are also available for some instruments and voice.
For additional information about the instruments and subjects we teach, and to inquire online about lessons, please click here to visit our lesson registration page and submit a private lesson inquiry. (If you are a current student family, please log in to your account and then submit an inquiry.)
We follow up on lesson inquiries in the order they are received. Please note that although we aim to contact all inquiries within 24 hours, during heavy enrollment periods it may take longer due to an unusually high volume of inquiries. A lesson inquiry is not a registration – registration occurs after we work with you to make an appropriate match with one of our talented faculty members. We appreciate your patience and look forward to serving you.