Village Band (All ages)
In-person offering for Fall 2021. All instruments, ages, and levels welcome! Pull that instrument out of the closet, the attic, or the basement and start playing! Village Band is a friendly, welcoming group that plays all sorts of music including light classical, Americana, pop, klezmer, and world folk music (anything from a tarantella to an Irish jig to a Turkish dance). We have open enrollment and encourage everyone to join us - whether you are picking up your instrument for the first time in years, or have never stopped playing and are looking for a fun challenge. Also open to younger people who are looking for a different kind of ensemble experience. Almost any instrument can join: winds, brass, strings, and hand drums welcome (including guitar, mandolin, bass, and piano). To learn more or to enroll, submit the inquiry form below and the instructor will contact you to answer any questions.
Next session begins: TBD
Ensemble Coach: Glenn Dickson
Days and Times:
Section 1: Mondays, 12:30 - 2:00 PM
Section 2: Saturdays, 1:00 - 2:30 PM
Tuition per semester: $510 (15 sessions, 90 minutes each); 10% discount for WCMS private lessons students
Summer Village Band
Village Band is even cooler in the summer! Come join us for six weekly sessions. An Irish waltz, a Turkish dance, a klezmer hora, an American jig—anything is possible in the Village Band! This unique group explores all types of music and is friendly and fun. Almost any instrument can join: winds, brass, strings, and hand drums welcome (including guitar, mandolin, and bass). You just need to be able to read music and have basic skills. Once your registration has been received and processed, the instructor will contact you to discuss playing experience and goals.
For Summer 2021:
- Meets outside at WCMS on the performance patio (except in inclement weather, see below)
- Participants bring their own portable chair and music stand
- Participants should use a bell cover if one is made for their instrument
- Participants do not need to wear a mask when rehearsing/performing outside
- Participants should be mindful to not blow directly at another person
- In the event of inclement weather, the rehearsal will be moved inside to a large rehearsal space. It is expected that participants will wear a slitted mask while playing their instruments inside. Masks must be worn at all times while inside the WCMS building.
Days and Times: Thursday evenings, 6:00 - 7:30 pm, June 24 - July 29, 2021
Tuition: $198 (6 sessions, 90 minutes each)
- For Summer session: If you're a new student for the summer, or are already a member of Village Band, enroll here:
Cancelled for 2021—stay tuned for fall semester Village Band updates.
- For school-year returning students: If you are already a member of Village Band, or have had a conversation with the instructor, enroll online here: