Music MAYnia is an annual music performathon and festival that raises funds to support the school and ensure music education is accessible for everyone in our community. Held on the first Sunday in May, Music MAYnia is free and open to the public and features live music performances, games, face painting, arts & crafts, refreshments, and more. ($1 tickets can be purchased for special activities; all proceeds support school programs.) More than 200 performers of all ages and abilities perform live, continuous music ranging from classical to rock, and over 800 community members attend this spring celebration annually.
- Talk to your teacher about performing at Music MAYnia, and sign up online! Students can perform solo, in duets, or in groups (with an ensemble or group class). When you fill out the online registration, we'll need to know when you're available to perform between 1:00 and 5:00 pm, plus what piece of music you will play (and its length) and what size t-shirt you want (the color this year is sky blue). If you're performing with a group or ensemble, you'll coordinate the details with your teacher but still sign up online.
- The deadline for performers to sign up is April 8, 2017. Please ask your teacher or call the WCMS main office at 781-721-2950 if you have questions about signing up. If you sign up by March 25, you'll receive a coupon for a free slice of pizza from a local pizzeria!
- You can register a student for both a solo and group performance, but if you need to register for more than that (for example, if you're performing in two different ensembles), please contact us.
For Family, Friends & Visitors:
- Save the date on your calendar!
- We will post a Schedule of Events and the Performer Schedule in coming weeks, as soon as they are available.
- Give your favorite performer, ensemble, or teacher a Shout Out that will be displayed on our Shout Wall during Music Maynia on Sunday, May 7. Donation amount for a Shout Out is $30.
- Please join us as a volunteer! We rely on dozens of generous people each year who do everything from setting up chairs to grilling hotdogs. As a volunteer, you'll be at the center of this fun-filled community event and will receive a free MAYnia t-shirt!
The success of Music MAYnia is due in large part to the generous support of numerous businesses in our community. If your business would like to support Music MAYnia with a sponsorship or in-kind donation for 2017, please contact Sara McCabe for more information.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 CORPORATE SPONSORS!
Don Foote Contracting
John Moriarty & Associates
Winchester Co-operative Bank
Pairings Wine & Food
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Shanahan Group
Winchester Savings Bank
Carole Kitchen & Bath Design
Ballet Arts Centre
Mahoney's Garden Center
The Mystic Companies
Nardone Electrical Corporation
Winchester Natural Health Associates