Remote Learning Guide: If your classes with Lynn Rubin are being held remotely, please review these set-up recommendations and technology requirements.
Lynn is an enthusiastic and organized music educator of all ages and abilities. She has been teaching elementary classroom music in the public schools since 2006, and is incredibly passionate about developing a new generation of thoughtful music appreciators as well as cultivating a community of music participants. Her teaching is most strongly influenced by the work of John Feierabend and by Orff-Schulwerk training. Having a preference for general/classroom music (as opposed to performance music), she received her BM in Music Education from UMass Amherst in 2006 and her MAT in General Music from Bridgewater State University in 2010. She is very interested in new teacher development and frequently mentors student teachers. She has also been leading professional development workshops for other music educators since 2010. In her spare time, she practices yoga and circus arts.
- Mentored 10 student teachers from 4 universities
- Presented at NPEN, MMEA, Wellesley Public Schools, Chelmsford Public Schools, Bridgewater State University
- Published lesson plans for the BSO Youth Concerts
- Published article in Mass Music Educators Journal
- 4th grade chorus performed annually at Boston State House
- First Steps in Music Certified
- Conversational Solfege Levels 1 & 2
- Orff-Schulewerk Levels 1 & 2
- Massachusetts Professional Teacher License: Music
- Master of Arts in Teaching General Music, Bridgewater State University
- Bachelor of Music Education, UMass Amherst