The Recording Studio
The Recording Studio (located next to Nichols Hall) is designed to handle all of your music recording and production needs. From songwriting and arranging assistance to producing release-ready CDs, our expert staff offers extensive industry experience and will customize your recording/production session for any type of group: an individual, an ensemble, a band – even a full vocal choir. The studio is available for booking any time of year, and can accommodate a wide range of recordings:
- for college applications
- to promote yourself or your group for bookings or auditions
- to share with family and friends
- to use for marketing, fundraising, or commemoration
- to document progress in music studies or songwriting
- to record a speech, audio book, or podcast
We also offer video services to accompany audio recordings, which is a requirement for some applications and audition submittals.
To send a request for information and/or to inquire about specific dates for recording, please submit this form:
Private instruction is also available in recording and production.
- Interface: Digidesign Digi 003 Rack
- Mic Pre’s: Presonus DigiMAX FS
- Software: Pro Tools and Logic Pro
- Microphones: Rode NT4, Crown PZM-30D, Audio-Technica AT 4040’s & PRO-45’s, AKG D112, and Sennheiser e60, e609 and e914’s
- Steinway B Grand Piano, Pearl Vision Birch VBL 5-piece kit, access to various other instruments and amps
- $59 an hour (includes engineer/producer)
- There is a minimum booking requirement of 2 hours for instrumental recording sessions.
- If you would like to pay online for your session, please click here.
Other Services Available (additional fee):
- Instrumental accompanist from the WCMS faculty
- Piano tuned specially for your recording session
- A production meeting with our engineer/producer to help prepare your song(s) for the recording session
- Songwriting lessons with an Underground faculty member to help fine tune your song(s)