Summer Chamber Music Festival (Ages 9–18)
2022 Summer Chamber Music Festival
Strings, Woodwinds, and Piano
Auditions: Scheduled audition dates have concluded, and the program is full. Please check back next year!
WCMS is excited to once again offer the quality programming, engaging activities, and fun festival atmosphere that our Summer Chamber Music Festival is known for. SCMF has been adapted and reimagined to be safely offered in person, following current COVID protocols. Strings, woodwinds, and pianists are welcome to participate.
- On-site offerings at our beautiful, spacious campus—utilizing indoor and outdoor spaces
- Exceptional instruction with our SCMF faculty: small ensemble coaching, master classes, music appreciation, practice sessions, and private lessons
- Special activities and fun electives including arts & crafts, talent show, field trip, workshops, and so much more
- T-shirts for all participants
- Outdoor performances for family and friends
Ensemble-In-Residence (EIR) program: Open to advanced students and pre-formed groups. This more advanced training program allows a chamber group to concentrate on standard repertoire and refine their skills as an ensemble. EIR members will have flexibility to rehearse and coach more intensively, to coach other chamber groups, and to participate in additional performance opportunities during the Chamber Festival. Please contact the administrative directors for more information and EIR tuition rate.
Festival Dates: Monday, July 18 – Saturday, July 30, 2022
Times: 8:45 AM - 3:00 PM, Monday–Friday (2 weeks)
plus final concert on Saturday, July 30, 1:00 PM
- $1475 + $25 materials fee
- Payment options: Pay in full at time of acceptance into program, or choose a split payment (50% tuition + materials fee upon acceptance, with balance due by June 15)
- Financial aid is available
Enrollment Information: The 2022 program is full. A placement audition is mandatory for everyone. Participants must be age 9–18 as of June 1, 2022. Please complete an Audition Form to bring with you to the audition.
- Two scales of student’s choice
- Two contrasting pieces (about 5-8 minutes of music)
- May be asked to sight-read
Once the audition process has been completed and you have been notified of acceptance into the program, our registrar will contact you to complete the enrollment process.
Great summer program! It definitely energizes the young musicians and strengthens their skills. - parent of a 12-year-old SCMF participant
The commitment shown by the faculty and students alike was phenomenal. The teachers' enthusiasm was infectious, and the kids really fed off that and strived to do their best for their fellow musicians, their mentors, and themselves. - parent of a 15-year-old SCMF participant
Our daughter attended the Summer Chamber Music Festival for two weeks this year and we couldn't be more thrilled. Every day she came back happy and excited about the program and the social interactions. We noticed her performance increased in quality in less than one week. The wonderful coaches and instructors at SCMF made the experience fruitful and fun. We will definitely come back for the program next year. - parent of a 15-year-old SCMF participant
My child has participated in numerous camp experiences. This one is unique in that it creates a social culture of learning and innovation where close relationships are formed. I don't know how they manage to do this in just two weeks!—parent of a SCMF participant