Adult Rock Bands
Our Adult Rock Bands are geared towards the advanced beginner/intermediate adult player who is interested in jamming on his or her favorite tunes in a fun but challenging atmosphere with like-minded players. The set list is made up of songs brought in by each member of the group in addition to appropriate teacher chosen pieces. The focus of each band will depend upon the interests of the students, but can include early country, 60's rock, punk rock, blues, and alternative rock, just to name a few.
For the fall 2019 semester, we are looking for the following participants to round out the Adult Rock Bands:
Fridays 1:00 PM - Women's Rock Band -Looking for a drummer, bass player & horns
Our adult rock bands focus on:
- Developing musical skills and confidence
- Listening skills within an ensemble setting
- How to give an effective performance
A gig is held at WCMS at the end of each semester where the best tunes are performed in front of family and friends.
- Solid knowledge of one's primary instrument
- Ability to read basic chord charts
- Ability to keep a steady rhythm
- Improv abilities are a plus but not required
- Willingness to try new things and have fun!
Drums, amps, keyboards, and PA system are provided. Maximum: 7 students
Fall ensembles begin: September 16 - 21, 2019
Tuition per semester: $435 (15 one-hour classes), 10% discount for WCMS private lessons students. (For an ensemble with only two enrolled students, the tuition is $660 per participant.)
Days and times: Additional bands can be formed based on student and faculty availability.
|Monday||8:00 - 9:00 PM||Mike Verge||Adult Rock Band|
|Friday||1:00 - 2:00 PM||Ben Bourgeois||Women's Rock Band|
Auditions Requirements: Please prepare 1 piece of your choice to perform, and bring a recording of that piece on a mobile device (iPod, phone, iPad etc.). Amps will be provided for guitarists and bassists. If you are a drummer, a kit will be provided, just bring your sticks.
Placement auditions: Please submit an online inquiry below for more information.
- For returning students: If you are a returning student in an Adult Rock Band, contact our registrar to enroll: